Good Ole' Reliable Meatloaf Recipes
There are many, many different meatloaf recipes out there to try, but honestly, how often do you hear anyone raving about a time that they had the best meatloaf ever?!
Well, the sad, but all-to-common experience is that most have had a meatloaf that was hard as a hockey puck and just as flavorful too.
But it's not the 'lil loaf's fault!
As it turns out, most of the time it was just a couple of details that got overlooked that prevented the tasty meat mosaic from becoming good, even extraordinary eats.
Let me begin by elaborating on some of my favorite qualities of meatloaf!
You're guaranteed ultimate tenderness!
One of the most essential aspects of meatloaf is to add in other ingredients like bread crumbs and egg that enhance the texture and tenderness of the ground meat(s).
It can take on any food style or ethnic flavor you like!
By adding just a few different ingredients each time you end up with a completely unique meal. For example, if you add:
- fresh rosemary
- Parmesan cheese
- sundried tomatoes
...You've created a Tuscan Meat Marvel, or if you add:
- chopped bell peppers
- cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro
- toasted cumin
...Super Santa Fe Meatloaf Recipe! Here's an unlikely favorite:
- fresh cilantro
- fresh basil
- a good dousing of fish sauce
- diced jalepeños
- fresh ginger
- lots of chopped garlic
- a little grated star anise
...Vietnamese Beef, just missing the noodles and the soup!:)
Did I mention you can make it using just one bowl and one pan?
“I never fit in. I am a true alternative. And I love being the outcast. That's my role in life, to be an outcast.” - Meat Loaf
Ok, so let's get down to the bones of the matter. Here's the ingredient list for this basic reliable meatloaf recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef (you can substitute in 1/2 pound of ground pork if you like, very tasty!)
- 2 eggs
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups dried bread crumbs (you can use crushed buttery crackers for added rich flavor)
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of any type of cheese
- 1 cup of any combination of chopped 'flavor factor' ingredients!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- If you have a food processor, puree all the ingredients except the meat together till well chopped. Otherwise break out the cutting board and chef knife!
- In a large bowl, mix everything together!
- Line a 9x5 loaf pan with aluminum foil. (This is essential to easy removal/cleanup later!)
- Press the meatloaf mixture into the pan. (At this point you can pour ketchup or spaghetti sauce over the top of the loaf if you like)
- Bake in the oven for about 40 - 50 minutes.
This meatloaf recipe sure does leave 'em wanting more. Go ahead, get creative with the rest of the recipe, I won't mind! Just be sure to forward along your success stories and your own personal masterful meatloaf recipe creations.
Return from Meatloaf Recipes to Free Cooking Classes Home